How to care for your Abaya
Cleaning your Abaya
We highly recommend you to Hand wash your Abaya.
- Please do not soak your Abaya longer than 10 minutes.
- Dilute minimal color detergent before placing your Abaya in.
- After 5-10 minutes, scrub on necessary spots such as the armpit area, the sleeves neck and hem.
- Rinse & Hang to dry.
If Machine wash is preferred, kindly observe the following:
- Always wash your abaya inside out
- Place your abaya in a laundry bag
- Wash together with dark colors, wash separately the first time.
- Do not select temperature higher than 40 degrees
- Dilute color detergent in water first before putting in the abaya into the washing machine
- Select the delicate washing mode on your machine
- Hang abaya immediately after washing to avoid unnecessary creases
We recommend dry-cleaning if your Abaya has metal embellishments.
Ironing your Abaya
- Use medium temperature ( for sheyla, only use VERY LOW - LOW temperature)
- Recommended to iron with an ironing cloth or *gauze placed on the abaya while ironing
- Do not place direct heat on the label
* Ironing gauze can be purchased from Japanese stores.